Provides a new standard of care and comfort
Smart Close® senses and responds to a human presence, detecting a change in its electromagnetic field, instantly reversing the moving panel. Non-contact.
Smart Close® enhances ‘care and comfort’ with these features:
- Zero force non-contact obstacle detection within a visible distance of up to 102 mm (4”)
- Eliminates false closure reversals caused by environment and installation
- Key fob (RKE) closes all open doors; remote control
- Full interior liftgate coverage; optional exterior coverage
- Third row seating obstacle detection
- Allows faster closure speeds
Imagine a power closure system so sophisticated it can sense human presence without contact and prevent injury…
When a child’s presence is sensed by a Smart Close® equipped power closure, the system reverses without contact. Our unique sensor, typically placed in the weather seal or on a garnish, creates a “space-charge” proximity field that detects a child’s presence and won’t allow closure. Our electronic module controls the motor, and commands panel position reversal, even if the switch is being held in the closed position. When coupled with position sensors, the exact return location can be precisely engineered, all without contact.
The Smart Close® system interfaces with all power closure systems. This includes “one-touch-up” express-close power windows, power liftgates, power sliding doors, sunroofs, convertible and panoramic roofs to provide injury-free, no-trap protection.
Cost-effective, Smart Close® systems incorporate 4 operating modes:
- Non-contact mode—Human presence alters the electrical space-charge field creating early detection. Detection causes the closure to reverse prior to actual physical contact.
- Contact mode—(redundant sensing) Reacts to forces created between obstructions and the sensor strip to reverse the closure after less than 40N of applied force.
- Speed mode—(redundant sensing) Monitors liftgate speed with Hall sensor to identify the presence of an obstruction in the path of the closure.
- Remote operation
NOTE: FMVSS 118-S5 COMPLIANT
System P/N 1310687